About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-one year old christian tursting God has he shows me the way to go. I live in Ky out in the county, which is the only place to be.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

DO NOT!!


I’m sure you are wondering what “DO NOT” is supposed to mean. Well it’s another adventure of mine that I have been blessed to not happen to me before this. Ok I will tell you. Do not step though a drywall ceiling! Yes I stepped though a customer’s ceiling while moving a TV cable for them. It all started when I was talking to lady from church that I do work for on a regularly, she was talking about her condo that she just sold, the people that bought it had it inspected and one of the GFI's outside was messed up before they bought it, therefore the lady hired me to go over and put it in at her expense. While I was there they wanted me to put up a fan and replace the other GFI, I did that later that week but before I left they wondered if I could move “the TV cable” from one side of the room to the other and I told them sure I can. Two weeks later I went over there to do this 20min job. Well I fell though the ceiling and the wife wasn’t there but the husband was and I got out of the attic to find blown-in insulation all over the floor and a 1’X5’ hole in the ceiling. Good thing was the husband was laughing so he wasn’t mad. I called up my good friend Brian to come and look at it. He ended up putting one coat of drywall mud on it that night, and we got the TV cable down the wall and left. Later that week I finished putting the second coat of drywall mud on, sanded (which is very messy), and painted. After it was all over it ended up being instead of being 20min. it was four hours. It turned out good but I would rather not do it again.

The cool thing was after it was all done the wife asks me if I could look at light outside that wasn’t working. And I was like sure why not. It was a simple fix and she said that she would keep me on the list, and no not the do not call list.

I learned that if you take responsibility for your actions then it will turn out right, even if you don’t think it will at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment